Tuesday, December 1, 2009

449. Project Listen in El Cerrito Debates City Finance, 1987. Photo of Lurene in 1987 New York City.




Photo of Lurene in 1987 visiting New York city. This photo, by Lloyd Francis, taken at 7 a.m. in Manhattan apartment I slept in for few nights. Was in NYC, but on way to news events elsewhere. In this pic, am watching update about Iran-Contra Hearings as they were unfolding, I am fairly sure. Smoking cigs back then, drinking coffee. 

Email Lurene in 2014 at lurenexyz@gmail.com

I still drink coffee, but quit smoking, thank goodness!! I hate this photo of me because of the cig, but others always liked it.


449.

Published story by Lurene Helzer and Ocie Hudson, Hills Publications, October 18, 1990, “Project Listen works toward EC consensus”, describes effort by El Cerrito City Council to create citizen task forces to deal with its shortage of revenue. This story was published in several Hills Publications, but this version reminds me that my old roommate, Ocie Hudson, a man originally from Texas, assisted me in covering that city council meeting in El Cerrito.

I remember Ocie, normally an East Bay computer-geek before that term was fashionable, being enthusiastic about helping with this story. He did a great job, and got along well with people at the meeting. He needed no help in public relations because he was a fine communicator. I do not remember, however, why he was asked by us to assist with the story. I have a photo of Ocie Hudson somewhere in my collection, and want to find it to post it here.


Check out my other blogs and donate your $10 today at link below:

bayarealurene.blogspot
bayarealureneb.blogspot
fecklesspreapproved.blogspot
unbelievableanimalstories.blogspot
baghdadiproposal.blogspot
risksinreporting.blogspot
genesisoutline.blogspot
mobiloilnigeriaman.blogspot
northbeachman.blogspot
blackholeeconomics.blogspot







No comments:

Post a Comment