Tuesday, March 23, 2010

462. Logic, thinking book notes.

462.


Undated, unpublished reading notes by Lurene Helzer, undated, but are likely early 2002 notes. Notes in the margin seem like notes I made before the summer of 2000, though, so I’ll never be certain. I suspect I borrowed these two books from San Francisco’s public library. (They do not provide patron records.)

Lurene's email in 2014: lurenexyz@gmail.com

The books are “The Five-Day Course in Thinking” by Edward De Bono, 1968, and “Guide to Straight Thinking” by Stuart Chase, 1956.

I would recommend these books to anyone, but especially to reporters and news commentators. The journalist doesn’t need all of these rules to write a routine story, but one’s thinking ability benefits by glancing at such notes from time to time. (These notes can be found with "Risks in Reporting" blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment